Make a donation
Online | regular donation
Online | single donation
Post | download a donation form
What does the Development Fund do?
The Development Fund was established to fund the ‘extras’ to ensure that we are able to provide the very best opportunities for our students: the opportunity to excel academically, pursue extra-curricular interests and activities, and to exceed their potential.
Since the Fund was launched, gifts from parents, grandparents, Old Blues, and friends of the School have supported projects which have had a direct and immediate benefit for our students.
Funding has contributed to wide-ranging projects such as the purchase of musical instruments and vital technology and equipment. The Fund also gives us the ability to allocate gifts to projects that are deemed the most urgent in that particular year, ensuring we are able to respond to the needs of the School and our students on an ongoing basis.
We are hugely grateful to our community of supporters who contribute what they can each year to this Fund. Thanks to their support, in 2022/23 over £25,000 was raised, supporting over 25 different projects and activities in School. These included:
- Entry and transport for competitions including UKMT Maths Competitions, Raspberry Pi competitions, National Chess Finals and Teen Tech awards.
- National award entries: Physics Olympiads, Crest Awards (Chemistry)
- Duke of Edinburgh licence and new equipment including roll-mats
- School competition prizes and medals including Citizenship Competition Winners (History), Economics Society Investment Challenge, History Prefect badges, sports medals and trophies.
- Extra-curriculum club equipment including chess sets and 'Magic' Land re-pack cards.
- Sports kit, including new Handball kit for U13 boys.
- Year 7's induction week activities.
- Art exhibition frames
So far in 2023/24 we have used the funds for:
- UKMT Maths Challenge entry.
- Gift cards for achievement assemblies.
For further information about the Development Fund, please contact the School Office on 0151 733 1407 or at email@example.com