Please click on the links below to read more about the different subjects we are able to offer our students here at The Blue Coat School.
- Stimulate and maintain student interest and enjoyment in biology
- Offer students a broad and balanced curriculum, and where possible to provide opportunities to develop skills and gain an understanding of science concepts through first hand experience
- Make learning in biology relevant to every day life and the world of work
- Provide opportunities for students to carry out investigations on their own and in groups to foster team work
- To develop practical skills and techniques that can be employed in a variety of situations as well as those necessary to complete the required practical assessments at GCSE and A Level
- Employ teaching methods and resources which allow students equal access to biology (irrespective of their gender, ethnicity or ability)
- Encourage students to be thoughtful citizens by offering them opportunities to reflect on how scientific and technological developments impinge on the environment, personal health and ethics
- Contribute to the development of the specialist science status of the school.
- Energy transfer in and between organisms
- Organisms respond to changes in the environment
- Genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystems
- The control of gene expression