The Blue Coat School is delighted to celebrate the success of our talented GCSE students.
Their results, announced today, are a testament to their individual commitment and continuous hard work. It is also a credit to our teaching staff, who constantly stretch and challenge our students.
The Blue Coat School is recognised as one of the region’s strongest performers, with this year’s GCSE results continuing to reinforce this hard earned status:
• 100% success in 5 A* – C grades, including English and Mathematics, was achieved by our students, which compares to the national average of 69%
• 5 students achieved A* grades in all of their chosen subjects
• 81.7% of all grades awarded were A* – A
• A remarkable 85.5% of all students gained seven or more A* – A grades
• 96% of students achieved A* – C in English Baccalaureate subjects
• 83.3% of students who took a GCSE in Mandarin achieved an A* grade. This is the first group to be taught and to take this subject in The Blue Coat School’s history.
Mr Steven Cox, Deputy Headteacher, said: “These are tremendous results for our students and also our teaching staff. It is always so exciting to see able students reach their potential. We hope they and their families celebrate their richly deserved success!”
“These results mirror our fantastic A Level performance, demonstrating our determination to maintain our impressive academic record” commented Julia Shaw, Chair of Governors.
We are extremely proud of our students accomplishments and we wish them all the very best as they prepare to embark on their A Levels in September.