Once again several Blue Coat basketball teams have successfully made it through to the final stages of the English Schools Basketball Association competition, after several fantastic performances during the county rounds of the competition.
- Under 13’s – Under the leadership of Mr Rees the under 13 squad have performed extremely strongly during their county round qualifying matches. With only 32 schools from around the country remaining in the tournament the competition will be tough. The squad will face Helsby High School in their Northern Region quarter finals match.
- Under 14’s – Mr Phelan’s under 14 squad have been very impressive throughout qualification. Their qualifying group contained several strong Liverpool basketball teams including Arch Bishop Beck, SFX and St Margaret’s Academy. Their hard work and dedication has been rewarded with a Northern Region quarter finals match against Helsby High School. The team are now in the last 36 schools in the country.
- Under 15’s – With help from Mr Rees the under 15 squad has been outstanding in reaching the last 8 schools in the country in the top tier of the English Schools Basketball Association. They will face a strong opposition from their Manchester based opponents Wright Robinsons Sports College in their quarter finals match.
- Under 16’s – The under 16 squad coached by Mr Barends competed fiercely in all of their county group matches, however they were very unlucky to be drawn in the same group as last year’s National Champions, Bridgewater High School from Warrington, and two of the National quarter finalists in Childwall Sports Academy and Helsby High School. Sadly the squad did not make it through to the regional stages of the competition.
- Under 17’s – Despite not being as strong as in recent years, the under 17 squad have qualified for the last 16 schools in the country. Mr Rees’ squad now face a trip to Myerscough College in Lancashire for their important Northern Region quarter finals match.