Privacy Notice (Associates of The Blue Coat School) Annex E
What information do we collect?
The categories of information that we collect, hold and share include:
- Contact information (such as contact details)
- Demographic information (like age, profession)
- Financial information (such as standing order details and gift aid declarations)
- Cctv footage when present on school premises and within the vicinity of cameras
Why we collect and use this information?
We use the information to:
- Keep you up to date with news, events and information about The Blue Coat School which we think will be of interest to you.
- Carry out research on the demographics, interests and behaviour of our alumni and supporters to help us gain a better understanding of them.
What is the lawful basis on which we use this information?
Under the General Data Protection Regulations, the lawful bases on which rely for processing information for general purposes is consent and protection of vital interest.
Is this information requested on a mandatory or voluntary basis?
The information you provide to us is provided on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation, we will not share your data with any undisclosed organisations.
How do we store this information?
We hold information about associates in a secure database provided by a secure external party.
How long do we hold this information for?
We hold information about associates for as long as they would like it to be held.
Cctv footage is retained for a period of 14 days unless an incident occurs which may require footage to be retained for longer.
Is this information shared with any other parties?
We do not share information about associates of the school with any other organisation without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
Live cctv footage is shared for security, safety and welfare purposes.
Why do we share information about associates?
We do not share information about associates of the school with anyone without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
What is the process for requesting access to your personal data?
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, contact the Headteacher’s PA at the school address. You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed;
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance.
If you are dissatisfied with our response to your concern, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/