Our vision as a Governing Body is ‘To be an appropriately skilled, fully committed and strategically focused governing body thereby ensuring the confidence and trust of the staff, parents and students in our stewardship of The Blue Coat School’
Chair Of Governors
Role of Governors
We believe the three main roles of the Blue Coat Governors are: providing a strategic overview, acting as a critical friend to the school, and ensuring accountability.
|Chair of Governors|
|Clerk to Governors|
- Setting up a strategic framework for the School
- Setting its aims and objectives
- Setting its policies and targets for achieving the objectives
- Reviewing progress and reviewing the strategic framework in the light of progress
- Helping to set standards and targets for performance for the school
- Having an overview of the curriculum
- Helping to set policies for itself and the school
- Selecting the head and deputy headteacher
- Making decisions about the school’s budget and staffing
- Delivering effective planning, including post-inspection duties
- Making sure the school provides for all its pupils, including those with special needs
- Deciding how the school can encourage pupils’ spiritual, moral and cultural development.
- Maintaining a good working relationship and regular meetings with the Headteacher
- Monitoring how well the school is doing, and how well policies and plans are being implemented
- Knowing the school well
- Having clear lines of responsibility between us, the Headteacher and the various school committees
- Providing advice and support in a climate of mutual trust and respect.
- Receiving regular reports from the Headteacher
- Providing information to the Local Authority (LA) and parents by producing:
- an annual report to parents, backed up by an annual parents meeting
- a school prospectus
- a post-inspection action plan
- Ensuring that the performance of the Blue Coat School can be properly monitored
- Ensuring any issues of concern can be proactively addressed through the availability of a documented performance management policy
- Ensuring the School’s curriculum is properly monitored and evaluated
- Ensuring that it receives sufficient information from the Headteacher to be able to check on the progress of School towards its stated targets for achievement.
If you would like to contact our Governors please email firstname.lastname@example.org