We are delighted to share images of the designs for our new Learning Resource Centre.
The School is currently working on an ambitious fundraising project to raise the funds needed to completely refurbish the existing school library to become a state-of-the-art Learning Resource Centre that will provide an inspiring environment of learning and excellence for our students.
Our new Learning Resource Centre will significantly improve both the day to day learning opportunities for our students and also wider curricular activities. It will also give us the space to develop our outreach and engagement with primary schools, fostering talent and creating wider opportunities for creative, inspired learning within the school.
The School has worked in partnership with property and construction consultants Cunliffes to create designs that provide:
- a flexible use of space, with bold modern designs that also reflect the school’s heritage
- an additional teaching space for 30 students on a new mezzanine level
- comfortable seating for group work and collaboration
- sound proofed meeting pods to develop team building and leadership skills
- significantly improved IT resources
- increased fiction and non-fiction resources and study aids as well as access to online resources
- reading for pleasure zones.
This £1.2 million project is being purely funded through voluntary donations, and will only be realised through the generous support of our Old Blues, parents, friends of the School and charitable trusts and foundations. We have already raised £188,000 towards our ambitious goal and look forward to speaking to our friends in the school community who would like to help us make our vision a reality.
For further information on the fundraising project and how you could get involved please contact our Director of Development Cat Gransden on 0151 733 1407 ext 207 or at email@example.com