Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in E:\Apps\BluecoatWeb\wp-content\themes\bluecoat\partials\content-hero.php on line 117

Blue Coat School’s historic Father Willis organ was dismantled in February half-term for restoration at Henry Willis & Sons, which originally built it 144 years ago. The organ was first installed in the old Blue Coat School, in the city centre in 1874 and brought to the present site and re-erected in Shirley Hall in 1906. It was removed in just three days by six of Willis’ staff. Also featured are Blue Coat music students and organ players Dan Greenway and Simon Cheung, with the latter also appearing in Charlotte Graham’s pictures for The Daily Telegraph, with Joe Wakefield, of Henry Willis.

Back to list

Comments are closed