For the past three years the DofE Organisation have been working very closely with The Blue Coat School to enable the school to reintroduce the award to students. During that time we have seen 388 students participate in Bronze Award and 191 students participate in Silver Award.
As a result of the school’s commitment to the DofE Award, Mrs Heath was invited to attend Buckingham Palace to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme. At the ceremony Mrs Heath was presented with a plaque by David Seaman as a thank you for the school operating as a Licensed Organisation and giving students the opportunity to participate in the award.
Well done to all students who have completed their expeditions during 2016/17. Please can parents of students who have completed the expeditions for Bronze and Silver encourage their son/daughter to upload evidence for their various activities (volunteering, skill, physical) to ensure that their award is completed and approved before the celebration evening, which will take place during Autumn Term.
Also for students who participated in the Gold award please ensure your activities are uploaded and information regarding the residential to enable the award to be approved by Head Office.
2016/17 Celebration Evening – Tuesday 21 November at 6pm in Shirley Hall
Celebration evening for 2016-17 Yr9 (Bronze), Yr10 (Silver), Yr11 (Silver) who have completed their awards.
- In-school theory training – Saturday 24 / Sunday 25 February 2018 – 9am to 5pm – students are required to attend one day only.
- Group 1 Practice Expedition – Saturday 10 March to Sunday 11 March 2018
- Group 1 Qualifying Expedition – Saturday 24 March to Sunday 25 March 2018
- Group 2 Practice Expedition – Saturday 14 April to Sunday 15 April 2018
- Group 2 Qualifying Expedition – Saturday 5 May to Sunday 6 May 2018
- In-school theory training – Sunday 22 April 2018
- Practice Expedition – Friday 22 June to Sunday 24 June
- Qualifying Expedition – Friday 6 July to Sunday 8 July
- In-school training days will take place during school hours – tbc
- Practice Expedition – Friday 11 May to Sunday 13 May 2018
- Qualifying Expedition – Thursday 28 June to Sunday 1 July 2018
Please visit the DofE website for further information on the Award.
Go back to opportunities, clubs and societies