The Blue Coat School Parents Association is a hugely important part of our School community.
The PA has played an active role in supporting the School over the last 28 years, organising a fantastic calendar of events to raise funds.
As well as assisting the School’s clubs, societies and other fundraising projects, the PA also provides the opportunity for staff and parents to meet together socially.
We enthusiastically fundraise for a variety of projects and activities – our aim is to fund the ‘extras’ that enable our children to have the very best opportunities and education possible at the School.
Each year we raise around £10,000, and in recent years some of our major achievements have been;
- Solely funding the School minibus which is in constant use by a variety of School departments for educational trips and visits and sports fixtures
- Contributing to clubs and societies
- Contributing to a new state of the art sound and lighting system in Shirley Hall, fantastic equipment enabling students to learn about sound system, such as during the School Show
- Funding a school defibrillator and ensuring staff are trained in the use of the equipment
- Contributing towards the School’s ‘WOW’ room
As well as raising funds we also provide crucial support to the School, such as serving refreshments at School events such as the Christmas Carol Service, School Show and Summer concert.